You guys… I have been having SO many problems with my site this week. I had posts written and some actually posted, but my site kept crashing so I had to restore it and I ended up losing everything… which I am super bummed about :( Anyways, today I am sharing the 5 things you shouldn’t forget when you are traveling (based on my experience!).
1. TOTE – Coming in at number one would be a large tote. While we were going through the airport I was constantly having to pull things in and out of my bag. Having a tote made things easily accessible and it also carried a lot which is a huge plus.
2. SPARE CASH – Okay so this may sound stupid, BUT don’t forget to bring like $50 USD in cash. Charles & I had a 15 hour layover (yikes) in China. We had rupiah (Indonesian cash), but we did not get any Chinese Yuan. Long story short, we were in China without any Chinese money and most places didn’t accept Visa cards so it was EXTREMELY inconvenient… especially when you are starving and can’t get any food haha!
3. BATTERY PACK – These were life savers for Charles & me. Whether we were out exploring the town, waiting at the airport, or sitting in a taxi, we could bring the battery packs everywhere with us. It was nice not having to worry about being stranded somewhere without our phones.
4. EXTRA SUITCASE – This is a must if you plan on buying souvenirs. When we were heading to Bali, our suitcases were already stuffed full. By time we got all our souvenirs there was absolutely no way we were going to be able to smash it into our bags. We ended up going back to town to get a suitcase that we put everything in. Next time we will definitely bring an empty suitcase so we have the extra space on the way home.
5. COMPRESSION SOCKS – If you have long flights I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend bringing some compression socks. I didn’t expect to have a problem, but when I got off the plane after our loooooong flight I couldn’t see my ankles, my legs were super swollen, my skin was stretched tight, and it was just not comfortable AT ALL. If you are going to be on a long flight you should definitely bring compression socks to wear on the plane. Something simple like these!
Thank you so much for reading!