The best sale of the year is ALMOST here and I could not be more excited! Shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale can be a little stressful & overwhelming because there are so many good deals and you have to act fast. Today’s post is dedicated to giving you a few tips, based on my experiences of shopping the sale, that will make your experience easier!
1. DON’T WAIT! I am putting this one as #1 because it is definitely the most important. I have made the mistake of putting my favorite items on my wishlist while I browse the rest of the sale to see if there is anything else I want to add. By time I go to check out, a lot of items are sold out!!! Unfortunately, most of the items that are sold out stay sold out for the remainder of the sale and it is really hard to get them because they are in such high demand. Don’t forget that Nordstrom has an amazing shipping/return policy. There is free shipping on (nearly) all purchases. So if there are items that you know you want to get for sure, just get them… it isn’t like you have to meet a certain price to get free shipping so just place multiple orders. Just trust me… you don’t want to be like me last year dying to get my hands on this beautiful Topshop Cardigan and never actually getting it :(
2. TAKE INVENTORY OF WHAT YOU NEED. Don’t go broke saving money. Does that make sense? haha! Just because everything is on sale does NOT mean you need to get everything. Take a peek at your closet and see what you need for Fall & Winter. Think staple pieces like sweaters that can be layered, booties you’ll wear all season, a new bag you can sport with any outfit, and your favorite denim that NEVER goes on sale! I can honestly say almost everything I purchased from the sale last year, I have been wearing since and I will continue to wear this season too. Make sure you are getting what you need, and what you can wear for a long time (and maybe throw in just a few trendy pieces!;)
3. PICK UP IN STORE. As I mentioned above, Nordstrom has free shipping, but you can also pick up your items in store (usually same or next day). I think that it is most convenient to pick up items in the store because you can try everything on and make sure you like it and it fits. If you got the wrong size or just flat out don’t like it, you can return or exchange it right there! It really doesn’t get much easier.
4. THE CARD IS THE KEY. You have probably seen this on the Nordstrom site or from other bloggers. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts tomorrow for card holders only. That’s right… Nordstrom card holders get to shop the sale an entire week before it is opened to the public. Not only that but, you get 2 points per dollar spent so you can save up points to get some rewards. If you don’t already have a Nordstrom Card, you can sign up here so you can shop the sale early with me! Once you are approved, you instantly get $40 bonus Nordstrom Note which will basically act as a $40 gift card. Totally worth it, right?!
5. — USE ME AS YOUR RESOURCE! Seriously… let me do the work for you! I have spent SO MUCH TIME going through the catalog, researching the coming trends for Fall & Winter, & picking out favorites & must haves. I will be up late tonight making my round-up post with the best of the best in every category from the sale in order to make your shopping stress-free. My post will be live by 12:30AM PST on July 12th… I promise you don’t want to miss it!
That’s it! I hope reading this helps you with your shopping and I hope to see you back here tomorrow morning at 12:30AM ;)